Build This House
You also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
-- 1 Peter 2:5 NIV
- Pray - Ask God to speak to you.
- Discern - What is God calling you to sacrificially give?
- Obey - As you hear from God, be obedient to His call.
March 8th - Kick Off Sunday | March 15th - Night of Worship & Prayer | March 29th - Commitment Sunday
- A fully remodeled worship center that will use cutting edge technology to create ideal environments for both Sanctuary Worship and Encounter each week, as well as all special events throughout the year
- A full restoration of the HoltKamp organ, complete with added enhancements
- A brand new themed worship space for children along with smaller rooms for teaching, all in one secure location on the first floor of the building
- An indoor play area with comfortable and fun learning environments for preschoolers that reflects our commitment to security
- A state of the art, two story administration and conference center for staff and church member meetings, located in the old SunTrust bank building
- A new activity room and modern worship space for middle and high school students on the second floor
- A new choir, orchestra, and media ministry suite, with improved rehearsal spaces located closer to the worship center for easier access on Sundays and for rehearsals occurring throughout the week
- Updated and properly sized classrooms throughout the building that can be used for Life Groups of all ages and other activities
- A modern entrance and welcome center, facing the corner of Crawford and Jefferson Streets, with a circle drive for an easy and handicap accessible entrance to the building
- A fully refurbished chapel that will feature a formal and refined aesthetic
- Enhanced hallways, bathrooms, and common areas throughout the building, as well as the addition of new outdoor gathering areas and updated landscaping
Frequently Asked Questions
We know that this is a big goal, but we also know that we have a big God. We are confident that if this is His will, He will provide a way. The simple answer is that we will only build based on gifts and pledges that come in. Our goal is to raise enough to complete the entire master plan, but this is a phased project. If we raise enough money for the first phase, we will start there. As more is given, more will be built.
We will only borrow against the amount of pledges that are given, no more. We will be doing this so that we can go ahead and begin work this year even though many members will give over three years.
Without our current ministry, we would have nothing to grow. It is vital for us to maintain our current level of ministry, and we cannot do that without the regular gifts of our members. Please continue to give to our regular operating budget, even if this means that you cannot give as much to the Build This House campaign. Gifts to the campaign will total many different amounts, but the key is that we should all give sacrificially.
Take a look at the chart on the last page of the Campaign Brochure to see how small gifts can add up over the three-year giving period. We may not all be able to give large amounts, but we can all give some.
Please feel free to contact the Building Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
First Baptist Church - Thomasville © 2015. Designed by 3Dream Studios